Tuesday, September 28, 2010

No Egg - No Oil Chocolate Cake

Now that it is getting colder I am getting into baking mode.  I decided to try something new since I was low on ingredients.  I had no oil and no eggs so, I consulted my old friend Mr. Google and I found this recipe ... Not exactly low cal ... but no fat for sure.  I have to say I was skeptical but it wasn't too bad .. it turned out to be a bit like a brownie.  Moist and a bit chewy.  I will say this is very rich so a small piece goes a long way.  But when you are having a chocolate attack and no sign of chocolate in the house this came in very handy. ☺  I do adore a bit of chocolate now and again ♥


Photobucket

3 cups Flour
2 cups Sugar
6 tbs Cocoa powder
2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Vinegar
2 tsp Vanilla
3/4 cup Applesauce
2 cups cold Water

Mix dry ingredients.  Make 3 wells in the dry mix.  Pour vanilla in one well, Apple sauce in the other, Vinegar in the 3rd well and then pour water over all.  Mix until just blended and pour into a 9 x 13 pan.   Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes.  I used a glass pan and I went the full 40 ... I think I could have pulled it out at 30 or 35 and gotten an even moister cake.  I'll try that next time. 

Ovens and pans will always vary a little.   

This cake is so rich a small piece really is all you need so this will serve quite a few people. 

Enjoy! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment