Sunday, September 26, 2010

2010 Adirondack Balloon Festival

Another year ... Another Balloon Festival. I go each year weather permitting in the hopes of seeing a huge lift off. Once again Mother Nature would not cooperate. I woke up with huge hopes. NO RAIN!!! I was still hopeful waiting in line for nearly 2 hours of stop and go traffic.

Seeing the sun coming up on the horizon ... seeing a few clouds but not too many ... I thought this is the year! So did every other person from here to Canada. I saw license plates from Canada, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts & New Hampshire. Traffic was horrendous. For those that live here we promptly came to a standstill in front of Glens Falls Animal Hospital. We have always been able to make it to at least Cronin road before the crawl begins lol! But that was ok ... There was excitement in the air.

Everyone walked around with huge smiles just waiting for the balloons to hit the field. There had to be 1000's of people on that field, I haven't seen so many in a few years. Then as the wind picked up those smiles waned. It was not to be.

Once again another year with no balloons

...... but wait!

Some pilots took pity on us poor balloon fanatics. They decided to at least fire up the burners and bring a few of those magical Balloons to life. It was wonderful to see them rise against the odds. Even though a few handlers nearly went flying while holding on to those lines.

So, we didn't get to see them all .. but we got to see a few and that made the wait worthwhile.

And yes .. next year I will trundle out the house half asleep at 4 am in hopes of seeing a full flight once again. ♥



The first kiss of the morning sun

Photobucket





Photobucket

Photobucket

A kind gentlemen asked if I would like a picture of "my daughter" and me .. who am I to argue ☺


Photobucket 


My sister and her whole crew ..... a good looking bunch I would say. ♥

Photobucket


I love this pic ... the little Pirate giving an approving Arrrrrrrr!!!

Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment