Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Getting use to my Port

It's been over a week since my port was installed.  I can finally move my head from side to side.  I felt like I had a stiff neck for quite a few days.  Driving was an adventure, especially if I had to look behind me ... turning ones whole body to look back is not as easy as it sounds.

Here are a couple pics from the day of and recently.

The day of the procedure:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Where the port is located:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

With the dressing off:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

With the steri strips off the port incision - there is still a good deal of bruising below my tattoo:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The procedure itself wasn't too bad at all.  It was local anesthesia and I fell asleep at one point.  There were a couple tense moments but it only lasted a short time.  When I came around it was all over with and I have my port.  It doesn't really hurt anymore just gives me a bit of an icky feeling when I turn a little to far and I can feel it pull inside.  I imagine I will get used to that though. 

Chemo starts this coming Thursday -  At least my prescription plan came through and I got all the meds I needed to be able to start.   Part of me is ok about it and another part of me is terrified.  

Depending on how I feel I will try to update this as soon as I can.  Wish me luck :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment