Thursday, December 18, 2008

It's official I am a Vampire

Being someone who loves to be up all night and sleep during the day and avoid exposure to the sun, I have often thought of myself as a pseudo Vampire. That and the fact I love a good bite now and again. Today I found out I just might be more vampire than I thought.

I got the results of my blood tests and everything is fine except for one thing. Turns out I am Vitamin D deficient. A normal level is 3500. My level is 10.

Come to find out it's from lack of sunlight. I have never been one to spend much time in the sun do to my sun allergy and the fact I have that Irish blood coursing through my veins. I am a strawberry-blonde and very, very fair skinned. I guess I was too good at avoiding getting too much sun.

This could explain all the joint pain I have been having over the past few years. One of the major side effects from lack of Vitamin D is joint pain. Now I'm sure this didn't happen over night but no one else ever thought to check it. This could be a little light at the end of that tunnel.

I now have to start a heavy dose of Vitamin D until my surgery and after that start letting myself get some sun. I just hope I don't dry up and turn to ash.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I've read about other people who have gotten diagnosed with different things through their bariatric testing...seems like ALL physicians should do these same tests!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is a wonderful idea ... I have been checked from head to toe literally. I think everyone should have those sort of tests yearly. We all might start living a lot longer.

    Thank you for commenting {=^;^=}

    ReplyDelete